Ion exchange is a reversible chemical reaction, where dissolved ions are removed from solution, replaced with other ions . Ion exchange resin is composed of organic polymers that forms a network of hydrocarbons, and ion exchange sites, called”functional group” throughout the matrix. So, The ion exchange sites attract ions of an opposing charge, which give the ion exchange resin its separation capabilities.
Ion exchange resins are classified into cation exchange resins and anion exchange resins, as well as mixed bed resins.
- The cation exchange resin can be exchanged with a cation
- the anion exchange resin can be exchanged with an anion
- The mixed bed resin can be exchange with both cation and anion
In addition, they could be regenerated to restore its ion exchange capacity, and the regeneration is accomplished through the application of a chemical regeneration solution. Through regeneration, they could recovery performance and have a long service life.
Ion exchange resins are widely used in different separation, purification, and decontamination process. The most common examples are water softening and water purification. Besides, it could be used in metal separation, sugar manufacturing, bio-pharmaceuticals, juice purification and so on.
- Industrial water Softening
- Sugar Demineralization
- Metals Extraction and recovery
- Harmful ion removal
- Power generation and condensate polishing
- Potable water treatmnet
- Polymer Catalyst
- Condensate deionization
- Water dealkalization
- Wastewater treatment
- Amino carboxylic acid chelating resin
- Amidophosphoric acid chelating resin
Special Ion Exchange Resin
- High temperture resistant above 150℃
- Excellent oxidation resistant
- Dry resin for Biodiesel purification
- Monosphere resin
- Inert resin
- Power resin